Assistant Banking Center Manager
Banking Center Manager
The Assistant Banking Center Manager backs up and assists the Banking Center Manager in ensuring the efficient daily operation of a full-service banking center while providing a superior customer experience and promoting a strong service culture as well as maximizing branch performance.
COMPANY GENERAL POLICY & PROCEDURE:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competence of the employee in performing his or her job duties will be demonstrated, maintained, and improved upon, on an ongoing basis.
The statements contained in this position description reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Banking Center Manager with managing the banking center with high quality leadership to achieve the location’s goals and standards.
- Assist with ensuring effective, efficient, and compliant performance of banking center operations.
- Help the Banking Center Manager lead banking center front line staff while ensuring that all banking center operations are conducted in accordance with all established bank policies and with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with customers.
- Assist with ensuring that customers’ requests and questions are promptly and correctly resolved by following established policies and procedures.
- Helps ensures that training and development of retail staff occurs on bank operational processes, policies, and procedures. Helps perform cross training as necessary.
- Alongside the Banking Center Manager helps create a positive working environment that facilitates exceptional service, growing customer relationships, and employee engagement.
- Have knowledge of and consistently help apply established employment policies to act in the best interest of the Bank.
- Assist with ensuring monthly and quarterly audit requirements are met. o Provide periodic audit reports and responses to the appropriate team members in a timely manner.
- Work with Banking Center Manager to strategize plans and actions to improve the quality of the banking center’s service.
- In the absence of the Banking Center Manager, communicate with Senior Management to review banking center’s operational performance.
- Help keep executive management informed of banking center lobby activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
- Assist with new accounts and on the teller line as needed.
- Cross-sells bank services.
- Assist with staffing of the banking center.
CASH CONTROL DUTIES:
- Ensure that all banking center transactions are in balance at the close of each day.
- Help oversee individual accountability for the handling of cash and assist Personal
Bankers / Tellers in resolving out of balance situations.
- Control and handle daily deposits in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in managing the daily cash of the banking center according to established procedures/limits.
- Periodically verify cash in possession of front-line staff and cash on the premises.
- Manage, verify, and reconcile balances of the banking center’s ATM network on a regular basis.
BANKING CENTER ADMINISTRATION DUTIES:
- Adhere to security controls for protecting the banking center against risk of criminal and fraudulent actions. Uphold the highest standards of physical safety, security, cyber security, and data integrity for yourself, your colleagues, and our customers.
- Continually seek ways to improve banking center lobby operations and productivity to meet established goals.
- Help ensure that proper maintenance and general housekeeping of the building, grounds, work areas, desks, and equipment is carried out, including snow and ice removal, as necessary.
- Help ensure that adequate supplies, forms, and equipment is available for personnel.
- Assist with instituting prudent safety and physical security measures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a financial institution, with at least 1 year of banking center supervisory experience
- Understands the ‘basics of banking’ such as: o Dual Control Practices o How various forms of payment flow through the financial system and how that affects the collectability of funds.
- Strong decision-making skills – The ability to make sound, objective decisions considering the customer, the bank, and the risk involved with any transaction.
- Strong leadership skills – The ability to cultivate team members’ strengths and encourage professional growth within the company (both in a team environment, and one on one)
- Relationship management skills for key commercial, small business, and personal relationships.
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write in English as well as maintain strong professional communication.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work under pressure and handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to operate a computer and other standard office machinery.
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug screen to the satisfaction of R Bank.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to speak Spanish.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
R Bank is subject to Executive Order 11246 and to the Vietnam Era Veterans’
Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA). It is the policy of R Bank to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,500.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health savings account
Work Location: In person
Looking for more jobs near me. Find your favorite job now by visiting our jobs page.