Luster National Inc., a minority-owned small business headquartered in Mill Valley, California, with offices nationwide, a highly respected Program, Project, Construction and Consulting Management company, is seeking an Utility Design Reviewer
About the position:
- Under the general direction of the Project Manager – Reports of Investigation (“ROI”) and the Utilities Senior Project Manager, the Utility Design Reviewer contributes along side a team of Utility Design Reviewers to prepare, review, coordinate and track all utility Reports of Investigation for the Authority.
- The Utility Design Reviewer is responsible for preparing ROI reports in conformance with Chapter 13 of the Authority’s Right-of-Way Manual for all irrigation, water, drainage, electric, gas, telecom, privately owned utilities, and railroad facilities impacted by the Authority’s high-speed rail system. .
- Review utility relocation design plans and right-of-way maps for the following determinations:
- Recommendation on approvals on all utility determination packages submitted by the utility relocation staff;
- Review for all aspects of quality control;
- Confirm prior rights determination; and
- Review for any betterments.
- Assess utility preferred relocation alternatives and provide analysis of scope, right-of-way, schedule, and cost impacts.
- Develop and propose justifications regarding utility relocations and right-of-way exchanges for utility facilities, for project consideration.
- Review right-of-way acquisition maps, identify any incorrectly labeled easements, and request updated exhibits, as needed.
- Review easement exhibits prepared by the Design Builder for accuracy and consistency.
- Review property rights conveyance documents with counterparty to ensure all documentation is correct and accepted by all parties.
- Provide technical assistance as needed on utility issues to ensure appropriate and consistent interpretation and application of Master Agreements, policies, utility standards and requirements on complex utility relocations.
- Review and identify prior land rights for JUA, CCUA, easements, and licenses with third parties.
- Conduct and coordinate review of utilitiy rights crossing excess land.
- Coordinate and provide information for all utility owners in a timely manner.
- Represent Real Property Branch – Utilities Team at all meetings, as requested.
Skills and Attributes:
- excellent communication skills (both written and oral), and the ability to speak knowledgeably with other consultants, stakeholders, other governmental agencies and individual citizens.
- analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; collaboration skills for meeting established project goals and objectives.
- strong organizational skills with the ability to track large data sets, and the ability to illustrate, analyze and convey those data sets effectively
- be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- BA or BS (Bachelor Degree) - Engineering
- Attainment - Transportation
- 5-7 years of experience in the land services/right of way field.
- Knowledge of land rights as they relate to Utility facilities.
- Experience reviewing utility designs to ensure compliance with utility land rights and design standards.
- Knowledge of title research – Investigate records, documents, and reports to ascertain history and status of various types of land rights.
- Ability to interpret various types of land rights in context of a regulated utility.
- Ability to prepare technical correspondence and complete comprehensive reports
- Ability to identify potential land rights conflicts that could create delays for the project.
- A general understanding of land survey principles, and the ability to read and plot legal descriptions.
- A degree in engineering, business or law is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of the California High-Speed Rail Authority Right-of-Way Manual, Caltrans Utility Relocation Manual, Federal Statutes, California State Statutes.
- Proficiency and knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Power BI, SharePoint and Scheduling Software.
- The ability to maintain good communication skills and working relationships with third party agencies, management, consultants, private sector contractors, subcontractors, and their associations.
- Experience in developing and reviewing alternative route studies.
Why Luster National, Inc.
At Luster, our people are our greatest asset! Each LUSTER team member is an ambassador to our customers and communities where they live. We are successful when our people feel safe, secure, and professionally challenged. The company leadership has the privilege to provide each team member the opportunity to grow in an environment that stimulates individual achievement, teamwork, and a “Can-Do” attitude.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Do you have: Experience in transit; design-build oversight, rail transportation preferred.
- Engineering - Transit: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Looking for remote jobs near your area? At Yulys, thousands of employers are looking for exceptional talent like yours. Find your perfect fit now.