The Planner is responsible for analyzing business trends and identifying opportunities to drive retail & net sales to achieve plan and reduce the liability of unproductive inventory. The Planner works in partnership with the Sell-In Team, Sales Operations team and respective Retail Account Buying Teams to maximize inventory, resulting in achievement of gross and net sales budget.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve gross-to-net sales budget, inclusive of returns, markdowns and trade spend
- Build strong relationships with Account Buyers through weekly touchbases to review inventory and orders. Effectively communicate opportunities to exceed gross budget
- Pull weekly sales data and build weekly recaps, analyzing sell-thru results by retailer
- Analyze retailer OTB monthly, ensuring no changes or potential issues after each month’s lock
- Develop and evaluate ongoing gross shipment projections
- Ensure orders are received from Account Buyers on a timely basis; build relationship with customer service team to problem solve PO errors
- Build bottoms up retail sales plans by retailer, in partnership with KAE and KAD
- Accurately manage all stock and sales files, building gross shipments from the bottoms up
- Forecast returns, effectively reducing the liability of unproductive inventory
- Compile business review analysis on an as-needed basis
- Manage new store opening paperwork.
- Work with Director to build annual retail sales plans by door.
- Assist field team as needed with sell through data to help achieve retail sales plans, reinforcing marketing objectives.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders
- Retail buyer and replenishment and launch specialists (external)
- KAD and KAE (internal)
- Customer Service (internal)
- Sales Operations (internal)
- Shiseido Transversal Team (internal)
- Achieve Gross and Net Shipment Goals
- Ensure all allocations are ordered by end of season
- 100% Sell in on all new products and sets
- Accurate communication on all financial data
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and years of experience
- Minimum 3 years of retail planning experience (Buying office or extensive Headquarter experience)
- Extremely proficient in MS Excel (sum if, subtotal, count, find/replace, sorting, pivot tables, formatting)
- Ability to fully read, analyze and understand retailer OTBs
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and fluctuating deadlines with a high number of tasks
- Strong knowledge and experience with the prestige cosmetic industry & retail planning systems
- Attention to detail, high sense of responsibility, dependable and self-starter
- Ability to build and maintain relationships within Shiseido and with retail partners
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big: Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks: Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial.”
- Hands On: Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate: Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open: Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity: Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable: Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success: Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$65,600 - $90,200/ year
Looking for remote jobs near your area? At Yulys, thousands of employers are looking for exceptional talent like yours. Find perfect job now.