Come join an amazing team! Kindred Bravely is looking for a talented, experienced, and enthusiastic Sr. Manager of Operations!
Kindred Bravely is an online retailer for pregnant and breastfeeding moms who want something comfortable to wear. We are a growing team of over 60+ people based all over the world. Our team culture is grateful, brave, generous, encouraging, confident, and transparent. We work together to create the best product and shopping experience possible for our customers. Oh, and did we mention we're on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing privately held companies four years in a row? We won Shopify's Build a BIGGER Business Competition and our award-winning product has been featured in Self Magazine, What to Expect, Ovia, BabyCenter, and Romper!
Opportunity (the job): Kindred Bravely, a leading omnichannel maternity/postpartum apparel company that operates on multiple platforms, including Shopify, Amazon, and Target, is seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Manager of Operations with expertise in NetSuite to manage our day-to-day operations. They will additionally work closely with the Executive team to develop and implement strategies to drive operational excellence, improve efficiency and support the company's growth objectives.
We aim to out care the marketplace by offering:
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, vision as well as voluntary benefits (Life Insurance, FSA, Critical Illness Insurance).
- Free mental health services.
- Retirement and charitable donation matching.
- Paid parental leave program and tuition assistance program after 1 year.
- $50 reimbursement per month to spend on a "Random Act of Generosity".
- 40% off product discounts on the Kindred Bravely and 15% off for friends and family.
- Amazing team culture, surprise perks throughout the year, and a really fun place to work!
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Operations who…
- Is exceptional at whatever he or she does and proactively seeks to solve puzzles and find solutions. This is the most important factor in your success. You must be a self-starter who always seeking to improve
- Is intellectually curious, loves to learn and grow both personally and professionally
- Is a finisher. You must love the details of your work, and work dutifully to ensure tasks are complete and accurate.
- Has excellent business judgment, outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Has superior analytical skills partnered with a creative mind.
- Can operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment.
- Is flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Own the strategic roadmap for the operations function. Develop strategies to optimize for flexibility and cost to ensure we can appropriately support new growth initiatives (e.g., new channels, new markets, etc.),always deliver on our customer promise, and do both at a reasonable cost.
- Ensure business continuity by proactively identifying risks and developing mitigation strategies.
- Develop and manage the operations budget in partnership with the CFO/COO to ensure cost-effective operations while maintaining quality standards.
- Manage a direct team of 3-4, including a Manager of our in house warehouse, an Operations Analyst and a NetSuite Developer. Provide leadership and guidance to the broader operations team (~10 total FTE), fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Own the day-to-day relationship with our 3PL. Provide forecasts to them as required and ensure compliance with SLAs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other key vendors and negotiate favorable terms and pricing agreements.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams, including inventory planning, logistics, sales, and customer service, to align processes, resolve issues, and support overall business objectives.
- Foster a metrics-driven environment. Analyze data, monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), and develop reports to identify opportunities for process improvement to improve productivity, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure on-time shipping and delivery of products to customers in excellent condition, with a primary focus on maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Manage 3PL and carrier invoices to ensure billing accuracy and identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Facilitate month-end close through close collaboration with the accounting and finance teams.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Own our NetSuite relationship. Anticipate future ERP needs. Ensure system integrity. Develop and implement short and long term plans to upgrade our systems.
- Lead internal systems team and partner with external systems resources as needed to proactively resolve issues impacting e-commerce operations, ensuring seamless system integration and data integrity across various platforms used by the business.
- Assist with new customer or system onboarding and implement new processes as needed to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Evaluate existing systems and technologies and recommend enhancements or new solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, operations management, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Direct to Consumer Supply Chain / Operations / System Integration.
- 3-5 years of experience in NetSuite.
- Celigo experience (not required, but a plus).
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in managing a warehouse team.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with conclusions drawn from data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency and varying workload (i.e. peak periods).
- Positive personality with a “no task is too small” attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you've made it this far and you are as excited as we are, keep reading!
What we believe:
- She is the reason we exist: We have created a genuine connection with her. She feels seen and heard. She is an integral part of every decision we make.
- Work/Life Balance is imperative: We value both work and family and bring our best selves to each by ensuring balance.
- Team Work Makes the Dream Work: We share ideas, feedback, struggles, wins and frustrations. We care for each other professionally and personally.
- Success is Sequential; Not Simultaneous: We focus on one thing at a time.
How we act:
- We have a BIAS FOR ACTION: We move quickly. We take smart risks. We solve puzzles. We make things happen.
- We HOLD OURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE: We all own the business. We clearly communicate key metrics and standards and review them regularly. We analyze results to understand why we made a decision. We are disciplined.
- We LEAD, NOT FOLLOW: We are innovative. We are curious and resourceful. We are driven and competitive (but not with each other).
- We communicate GENUINELY & TRANSPARENTLY: With each other and with her. We are present.
- We are ALWAYS LEARNING: We improve ourselves and continually look for ways to enhance the skills and abilities of our entire team.
- We are in RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE: We out-care the competition and provide the greatest experience she has ever had with a brand.
We Hire the Best, Regardless of Their Location:
We are a natively remote company with team members located all over the world. The flexibility that comes with remote work is a tenant of our culture and our team members hold themselves to high standards to ensure the remote/flexible workplace works for the entire team. We're looking for people who can demonstrate they hold themselves to a higher standard in everything they do because with great flexibility comes great responsibility.
All this flexibility doesn't mean we're not a close-knit team…
We're a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you're a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.
Experience: 5 years experience in Direct to Consumer Supply Chain / Operations / System Integration. 1 year of experience in managing a warehouse team.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, operations management, or a related field.
Looking for remote jobs near your area? At Yulys, thousands of employers are looking for exceptional talent like yours. Find perfect job now.