- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Significant employee and labor relations subject matter expertise
The Amazon Transportation Services Employee Relations Team supports both Amazon and contractor teams that execute Amazon’s middle mile delivery services. We are seeking a Employee/Labor Relations Principal to support Transportation Operation Management (TOM) and Amazon Freight Partner (AFP) with a demonstrated ability i) to quickly assess data, workplaces, behaviors, and relationships to identify risks and gaps in the work environment; ii) to develop and execute sustainable, scalable initiatives, mechanisms, and programs that affect long-lasting changes at all levels; and iii) to influence leaders to win alignment, support, and change agents.
The Principal will possess significant employee and labor relations expertise, excellent judgment, and highly-developed analytical and communication skills. The successful Principal will quickly become an invaluable strategic partner to Human Resources, Operations, and other key stakeholders. The Principal will report directly to the Director of ATS Employee Relations.
- Risk Detection and Mitigation: Apply employee and labor relations expertise to successfully identify trends and challenges, predict and mitigate risk, and develop and execute solution-focused strategies and programs
- Crisis Management: Work reactively on crisis-oriented issues under extreme time limitations while exercising excellent judgment and leadership
- Project Management: Independently design, own, and lead successfully large-scale, network-wide projects that improve frontline employee and contractor experience
- Analyze and Interpret Data: Exercise strong analytical skills using data and anecdotes to develop persuasive narratives and recommendations; demonstrated ability to define and measure success of programs
- Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge current practices, industry status quo, and generate creative mechanisms that bring about large-scale solutions
- Communicate Effectively: Rapidly produce high-quality written communications that concisely analyze problems and move solutions from concept to execution
- Lead Through Others: Build constructive relationships with critical stakeholders and peers to share information, influence change, and leverage resources to deliver results
- Problem Solve: Work independently with minimal supervision, in ambiguous situations, and persevere over internal and external barriers to drive resolutions
- Work at Scale: Design solutions for a single person, station, or situation then translate, design, and launch sustainable mechanisms for entire networks
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Edison, NJ, USA | Virtual Location - USA
- Experience in transportation industry
- Successful record of creating, improving and executing programs at scale
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments
- Outstanding communication skills in written and verbal form; extensive public speaking, training, and/or leadership communication skills.
- Advanced team, interpersonal, and persuasion skills, demonstrated ability to influence peers, senior leaders, and across organizational lines.
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, assumes leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Works well in a fast-paced environment, flexible, able to change direction quickly and in leading through ambiguity and constant change
- Capable of significant domestic travel, sometimes with short notice, up to 30-50% of the time
- Skilled in MS Excel, Word, SharePoint & PowerPoint; curious about new learning technologies
- Juris Doctor, advanced degree, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations a significant plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $225,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.