Senior Marketing Strategist
Hybrid Remote | Eagan, Minnesota
Req ID: R0003992
Career Area: Corporate Affairs/Communications/Marketing
Date Posted: 09/15/2023
About Blue Cross
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.5 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
The Senior Marketing Strategist will balance strategy and project management skills as you develop and execute marketing programs. Youre curious, flexible, customer-focused, resourceful and build strong relationships as you take on important projects to drive growth and retention. Youll own mid-large size marketing projects, as you work with sales, product, insights and digital teams to develop and execute a marketing plan. Youll be a leader supporting a culture that focuses on finding new and better ways to do great things and puts the customer at the center of all you do.
A Day in the Life:
- Develops and owns marketing plans for winning go-to-market strategies.
- Collaborates with sales and product divisions on ongoing development of product and sales strategies.
- Develops reporting and utilizes data for insights. Continuously tests, learns and looks for new and better ways to accomplish goals.
- Executes implementation of marketing and communications plans and projects, providing updates to project team and business partners on an on-going basis.
- Supports measurement and evaluation of effectiveness for product and segment marketing programs including acquisition and retention metrics and ROI.
- Coordinates internal resources for production, creative and other support, as well as external vendors and other business partners as needed to develop and implement marketing plans.
- Program manager for acquisition and retention strategies. Takes a leadership role on working teams as needed.
- Helps build a culture of collaboration, innovation, ownership and putting the customer first.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Creative agency experience.
- Experience with Minnesota companies.
- Relevant health plan experience.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of related professional experience. All relevant experience including work, education, transferable skills, and military experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience developing both B2B and B2C marketing strategies, with the ability to flex between them when needed.
- Strong knowledge of traditional and digital marketing practices, with a digital-first mindset.
- Project management skills for handling many changing priorities and working under tight deadlines.
- Experience in a Sales-driven organization.
- Ability to flex across market segments, programs and initiatives based on changing business needs.
- Proven collaborator with ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong experience managing execution of marketing programs.
- Experience and knowledge of reporting and leveraging data for insights.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Traits of successful candidate: Curiosity, customer-focused, relationship-builder, resourceful.
- For Government Markets segments: Must complete and pass annual certification about the Medicare program, Blue Cross/Blue Plus Medicare products, Fraud, Waste and Abuse and other topics as required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Blue Cross.
Make A Difference
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.