This person will be a contributor to the Prime Video UX Team, with a position in the Playback Experiences group. They will join a group of designers focusing on core video player controls across all supported devices. This individual should be able to manage multiple projects across program areas and build effective relationships with partner teams ranging from UX Design & Research within our own studio to Product, Engineering and Business teams across the Prime Video org. This person will be an evangelist for design thinking, and help our team and partners to remain customer-obsessed and continue to raise the bar on the our customer experience.
In order to be considered for this role you must share a portfolio of design work.
- Understand and balance the needs of the millions of end customers against your internal customers - the developers, PMs, and more that make use of the system.
- Influence the vision, strategy, and roadmap of the system.
- Create user-centered design solutions, utilizing and contributing to an established design system
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and project stakeholders for review and feedback.
- Collaborate with teams to help them design experiences: provide feedback on designs though various stages of completeness, suggest appropriate solutions from the design system, investigate requests for new solutions.
- Create documentation and design specs for delivery to engineering partners
- Contribute to a greater playback vision.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating end-to-end design solutions for the PVUX Playback Experience group, based on collaboration with our business and tech partners, and based on customer research and performance metrics.
- Analyze user interface problems to create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements and work closely with the business team to develop use cases and high-level CX requirements.
- Work closely with our Design Systems group and A11y partners to create accessible designs.
- Create user flows, wireframes, visual designs and prototypes as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors and to effectively communicate design solutions to PV leadership.
- Determine areas for research and testing and work closely with our research partners to execute against these needs.
This role will report to the manager of Playback Experiences and will not have any direct reports.
- 5+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Experience designing interfaces for web and mobile
- Proficiency in Figma and delivering high fidelity design specs and/or prototypes
- Experience working with a design system or creating and contributing a design system
- Experience designing interfaces for living room devices
- Familiarity with good A11y design principles and WCAG guidelines
- Experience interpreting designs across a broad range of device surfaces and interaction patterns
- Experience designing video and/or audio player controls and in-playback features
- Experience with voice activated controls and interactions
- Bachelor's degree in design and/or human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent experience.
JOB TITLE: User Experience Designer III
- Location: Virtual – Seattle or Culver City
- Number of Openings: 1
- Submittal Limit per Supplier: 2
- Estimated Start Date: 9/12/2023
- Duration: 4 Months
- Bill Rate Max (if applicable): $82.56
- Program Office Contact: Brittney Mills @ email@example.com
IMPORTANT COMPLIANCE NOTES FOR SUPPLIERS:
Last 4 digits in their SSN are required for all candidates upon submittal in the VMS.
- Sub-contracting is not permitted.
- The terms of the Supplier Master Services Agreement with Amazon govern all assignments through the Contingent Workforce Program. Posting the Amazon name, group names, technologies, project code names, or program office information on public-facing sites is strictly prohibited.
More information on the above policies can be found in your Supplier Manual. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.