Find your next job today and begin your career with a flying start.
Devgiri is a rug and home textile design and manufacturing company with offices and showrooms in Atlanta, New York and India. Products included in the line - handmade wool and natural fiber based area and accent rugs, machine made synthetic rugs, indoor/outdoor rugs, bath rugs, shower curtains, kitchen rugs, table linens and window curtains, which are sold to US and global retailers. Key US customers include Target, West Elm, Pottery Barn, Walmart, TJ Maxx/HomeGoods, World Market, Lowe’s and Home Depot.
Devgiri is seeking a new Textile Designer to add to a growing product design team. The Textile Designer will work very closely with the design team, the sales & merchandising team and the sampling units in India, learn the product categories in-depth, understand the customer needs for specific accounts and develop product presentations for each customer based on market information, customer feedback and trend forecasts. The job roles involve a mix of independent projects and support projects depending whether it is in-line, seasonal or custom projects.
· Work with the US design team to create designs and develop new constructions for the Devgiri line
· Meet with sales and customers to review custom projects and new development. Provide design and other meeting materials.
· Keep up-to-date on retail and international color, design and sales trends.
· Travel for trend research and NY markets
· Develop internal design and color trends
· Communicate with overseas manufacturers for the design and product development of new products and product categories
· Support showroom set-up for markets.
· Prior experience of 4-5 years as home textile designer
· BFA in Textile Design
· Candidate must be proactive, resourceful and efficient with good organization skills
· In depth understanding of textile construction and manufacturing textiles for weaving and tufting processes.
· Keen sense of urgency, initiative and motivation
· Overseas manufacturing experience
· Professional verbal and written communication skills
· Able to take direction and work in a collaborative team environment
· Extremely well-versed in Photoshop, Illustrator or other design software
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
· Open to international and domestic travel. Travel will be determined by previous experience and growth in the position.
This is a hybrid position and is based in downtown Atlanta.
Devgiri offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan with employer matching, paid maternity leave, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Please include a resume and portfolio with the application. The portfolio should show a range of work including weaves/printed fabrics and CAD designs to show drawing style, color sense and style aesthetic.
Looking for more jobs near me. Find your favorite job now by visiting our jobs page.