We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you’ll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker of possible with us.
As R&D Engineer III, you will have key responsibilities in the following areas:
- Leads design and development and transfer activities related to products and processes of medical devices, translating intangible design inputs into tangible engineering specifications and drawings.
- Supports selection of appropriate materials, processes, and vendors to achieve design intent, and challenge these decisions against design specifications, clinical use scenarios and international standards.
- Makes and presents engineering decisions and project status reports.
- Process Development: supports process development and process changes by understanding key process inputs and outputs, using statistical methods where appropriate.
- Supports development, replication, scaling or transfer of process equipment and tooling, including specification development and vendor selection.
- Write technical documents and reports, review work instructions and standard operating procedures, prepare raw material specifications and drawings.
- Prepares verification and validation protocols and reports.
Test Method Development:
- Support development or modification of engineering test methods and clinically relevant simulated use test methods in conjunction with R&D technicians; prepare and assist in the validation of test methods.
- Perform lab bench testing, conduct engineering and competitor evaluations, development unit testing.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and complete verification and validation activities for new products and processes.
- Train technicians on new design and process development as well as new test methods.
- Conduct new process development training with operations and quality assurance in conjunction with R&D technicians.
- Mentor/coach R&D technicians or engineers on R&D activities to support development and transfer projects.
- May supervise or lead technicians, engineering interns or associate engineers.
- Participation in or creation and control of a project budget (expense and/or capital expenditure).
- Build and critique engineering cost analysis.
Other Responsibilities may include, however are not limited to:
- Support Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory & R&D to ensure systems are aligned with all internal and external guidelines.
- Support/lead design and process root cause analysis and support non-conforming product and complaint investigations.
Education and experience required:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related engineering field. Biomedical Engineering or Bioengineering Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: 4-7 years of industrial experience in R&D or process development, preferably in medical device or other regulated FDA/QSR and ISO environment.
- Proven hands-on technical capability.
- Experience in process validation (IQ, OQ and PQ), writing protocols and reports to support verification and validation activities for product commercialization; ability to implement validation.
- Ability to build and execute project plans.
- Ability to lead multi-functional teams.
- Basic tooling, design and drafting knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data, interpret results, and write reports. Proficient in statistic software.
- Training in Six Sigma or Design for Six Sigma.
- Must be able to travel 30% to Mannford, OK.
- Masters degree in Engineering field, preferred.
- Knowledge of cGMP and GLP is a plus.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It’s also a place where we help each other be great, we do what’s right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time. And through the organization’s investment in BD University, you will continually level up your tech skills and expertise.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Looking for more jobs near me. Find your favorite job now by visiting our jobs page.