What To Expect
As a Production Associate, you will participate in the assembly and production of Tesla vehicles. If you have a strong work ethic, are reliable, and value teamwork in a safety focused environment, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Complete standard work process and follow work instructions, procedures, and rotate as required
- Demonstrate flexibility as needed by the business
- Operate complex manufacturing equipment under supervision
- Escalate technical and process issues to the appropriate support groups and leaders
- Production Associates must be able to perform a wide array of essential functions across a number of production and manufacturing lines and work areas, as business needs require. Follow safety guidelines & procedures
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality are crucial for the team to achieve success
- Work Environment / Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for extended periods of time, up to 12 hours a day including but not limited to:
- Frequently and repetitively, lift, push and carry up to 35 lbs.
- The ability to carry 20 lbs. up and down stairs
- Frequently and repetitively, bend, lift and reach to install vehicle parts of varying size and weight overhead, accurately and in allotted timeframes
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 12 hours/day, including over varied and uneven terrain
- Stoop, lay, bend, reach, squat, kneel, crouch, twist and crawl for extended periods of time, including up to 12 hours/day.
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding or other high structures
- Ability to find issues in a work process and receive safety signals using sight, touch, and hearing
- Demonstrated ability to handle and manipulate tooling and mechanically fasten bolts within required cycle time, quickly and accurately during new hire training and maintaining ability throughout employment
- Exposures to hazardous materials used in the painting process and ability to follow waste handling/disposal procedures.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to: safety glasses, safety shoes, bump caps, hearing protection, full-face respirators, gloves, and adhering to prescribed safety rules and guidelines
- Open to schedule flexibility that will allow for a variety of shifts, including days, nights, overnight, and/or weekends as needed as well as potential overtime
- Ability to work in a team-oriented production or manufacturing environment, including exhibiting strong interpersonal and communication skills with your teammates
- Ability and willingness to maintain a safe and collaborative work environment
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail
- What You'll Bring
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills & adapt to new work environments.
- Comfortable learning new technology
- Must have command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
- Expected Compensation
$21.00 - $30.00/hour + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Looking for more jobs near me. Find your favorite job now by visiting our jobs page.