We are searching for an experienced Chief Banking Officer .
This hybrid role is located in Indianapolis, IN.
The Chief Banking Officer leads overall member service and sales activities for Everwise Credit Union, including retail branch operations, contact center, online and mobile service channels, and retail banking business lines. Responsible for strategy, planning, and operations of core retail banking and lending activities. Drives continuous service experience improvements and sound and sustainable business development across targeted markets and segments. Collaborates with key Everwise leaders to ensure compliant and efficient banking operations while delivering award-worthy member service experiences. Role reports directly to the CEO.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Strategic and operational leadership of Everwise-branded retail service delivery channels, including branches, contact center, online and mobile applications.
- Contribute to the formulation of general management, strategy, and policy as a member of the executive management team.
- Strategic and operational leadership of retail banking and lending lines of business, including everyday banking and payments, consumer lending, residential lending, small business banking and other key consumer financial services lines of business.
- Foster a culture of member-centered sales and service that prizes fairness, compliance, and continuous improvement.
- Drive and integrate corporate service experience and business development strategies across banking and lending operations.
- Lead strategic transformation and modernization of sales and service delivery channels to support improved member experience, improved efficiency, and overall growth.
- Executive-grade interpersonal, conflict-resolution, and relationship-management skills
- Executive-grade managerial communication skills, including oral, written, visual, and quantitative.
- Executive-grade organizational savvy, influence, and cultural navigation skills
- Executive-grade organization, time, and priority management skills
- Executive-grade talent selection, development, and leadership coaching skills
- High-level strategic and critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Executive-grade enterprise-wide program and cross-functional project team leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of contemporary retail and contact center operations, and of banking service and sales practices.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of credit and lending principles and practices.
- Proficiency with contemporary business productivity and collaboration software such as Microsoft Office, Teams, etc.
- BS/BA degree in relevant field from an accredited college/university or equivalent credential/experience is required.
- MBA, MA/MS, or equivalent credential/experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to professionalism and ongoing education is preferred (e.g., post-graduate executive education, training, and certifications, graduate school of banking)
- A minimum of 10 years of banking service and sales operations experience is required.
- A minimum of five years of increasingly responsible leadership experience preferred.
- Strong ties to business and civic community and demonstrated track record of community and civic involvement strongly preferred.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Looking for more jobs near me. Find your favorite job now by visiting our jobs page.