At UnityPoint Health – Eyerly Ball, we put people first. And we start from the inside out. We care deeply about making UnityPoint Health – Eyerly Ball a great place to work because our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. It’s not just a job. It’s who we are. At UnityPoint Health - Eyerly Ball we have the privilege of serving others who need it most. You matter here! Your work has a deep impact on the individual and community. As you seek to serve others, you will find yourself inspired by those you serve. We are rooted in our mission and believe you will be too.
As an ACT Mental Health Specialist, you will:
- Provide assessments, individual sessions, develop treatment plan goals, and group sessions to clients of the ACT team
- Work with the client and fellow team members towards meeting the outcome objectives and standards put forth by Polk County Health Services.
- Provide mental health supports to clients of the ACT team as well as assist in educating and coordinating with team members to meet client mental health needs.
- Critical to the success of this position is the ability to build professional, understanding, and trusting relationships with clients who may be experiencing mental health disorders.
- Ongoing passion about making a difference in the lives of those who have been touched by mental illness.
- Ability to practice good verbal and written communication skills with ability to complete case notes timely.
To be considered you’ll need:
- Master’s degree in human services or related field.
- Required to be licensed as a Mental Health Counselor, LISW, LMSW or Occupational Therapist per Iowa code.
- One year serving the population
- Experience with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness – preferred
- Required to obtain medication manager certificate within three months of hire
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor certification (CADC) – preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Required to maintain a minimum of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident auto insurance liability coverage. Required to provide proof of coverage.
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; some evenings & weekends
Why UnityPoint Health – Eyerly Ball?
- Commitment to our Team –UnityPoint Health’s been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
COVID 19 Vaccine/Flu Vaccine Requirements
The health and safety of our patients, communities and team members is at the center of everything we do. As such, UnityPoint Health, Eyerly Ball requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and influenza. All newly hired team members must submit proof of receiving the influenza vaccine. They must also submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two doses of Pfizer or Moderna, one dose of Johnson & Johnson), proof of their first vaccine dose with a second dose scheduled OR an approved exemption to begin work at UnityPoint Health, Eyerly Ball.
UnityPoint Health – Eyerly Ball provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, UnityPoint Health – Eyerly Ball complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Looking for more jobs near me. Find your favorite job now by visiting our jobs page.